Thursday, April 24, 2014

I Lost My GShock!

About few weeks back, Ace came home and kept telling me how good a GShock watch is... and it ended with "And everyone in my school has got a G Shock!"

"Everyone?" I asked him.. and when I named a few of his classmates, he says they all have got one.. and so he is determined to also buy one.

F said she will pay for half of it as a BD present.. And Ace dun want.. strange boy this one. Cos he says if only half, the other half means he has to xin ku and make money for it.. so he rather dun want.. wonder why me and max will have such a lazy son with this sort of slacker attitude man...

Dunno how, he managed to polosoh his dad to share share and buy one in the end.. cos he only saved 120 dirhams.. so his dad will pay the rest..

The father and son spent so much time looking at watches online... throughout our Istanbul Trip, Ace driving me nuts with Gshock this, Gshock that....

And finally, Ace bought his new GShock. Pick and choose hor.. in the end still did not choose the cheapest one.. wahahha.. want world time lah.. solar battery etc lah.. and this is the one he chose...

But to give him credit, he chose this plain black design because, "I want it to last a long long time and black wun get dirty easily and will last a long, long time..."

And since he bought the watch, he has been wearing it to school. (In my opinion it is to haolian and show that he ALSO has a gSHOCK.. he was so shiok when his friends say his watch is awesome..)  I told him, dun wear to school lah.. wear two days hao lian finish put at home... in case you lose it..

He ignore me and continue to wear the watch..

His dad say, "Don't bring to school lah.. in case you lose it. Put it at home and wear during weekends.."

He ignore his dad and pretend he never listen...

I told myself. It is his watch, let him learn to take care of it then...

AND THEN... today, someone comes home and announce to me, "I lost my GShock!"

Faintz...

This is called 不听老人言,吃亏在眼前!

But I was little surprised.. usually, he will throw tantrum or cry. This time, he looks very calm...

I asked him when was the last time he saw it and he says that he last saw it when he was in the car on the way home cos the light reflected on it... and then he found out that it is gone just before he arrived home.

So it sounds like very likely it is in the car lor.. I told him I will message C's mum and ask her to check her car then. Asked him to better chant..

While he was chanting.. I messaged Max and told him "Your son lost his GShock.."

His dad's response? "Didn't we see that coming?"

Hahahahaha..

Then leh, lucky Ace.. C's mum messaged me and told me they found the watch and will pass to Ace tomorrow.

So I told Max found liao... Max asked if I told Ace and said, "Shouldn't tell him so soon.. let him worry a little more.." wahahaha..

So Ace heaved a sigh of relief and continued chanting cos he wanted to chant for Laoma... because Laoma has not been wanting to eat recently and we have been chanting together for Laoma...

I asked Ace later why he seemed so cool and did not cry or throw a tantrum and he said, "Aiyah, I grow up liao lah... " And then he went on to explain  that actually he was very scared that he will lose it. But he felt reasonably confident that the watch is in the car because:
  • He last saw it in the car on the way home (I remember the sunlight reflecting on it)
  • He discovered it was lost just when he reached home and was still in the car
  • He sees a very fresh print of the words from his watch that he sees when he takes off the watch... which means the watch only JUST dropped off
Heh.. little Sherlock Holmes leh..

Anyway, Ace says he regret NOT listening to me and his dad and he will keep his watch at home now.

PS: Somehow watches have a way of slipping off his wrist... he lost another watch while we were in china and it is also just lost like tat for no reason...


PPS: Now that he has achieved THIS target, he has been trying to bug us to buy him a HELMET to use when he goes swing scooting cos he says he wants to do stunts... faintz..and while he is at it, he says he will also need a stunt kick scooter...  why he has never ending list of things that he wants ah.. can someone tell him his lao peh dun print money?

Previous Post: Scrum!

No comments: