Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Smelling Like A 'Rich Person'

I sometimes find that children's conversations are very fascinating...

The other day I was chatting with Ace again.. and he told me that today in school, he discussed with his friend what they will like to invent when they grow up.

One of Ace's friend, R, is very cute one. He is always talking about how rich he is... and always telling stories about why something happened because he is rich... I dun think he meant it in a way to brag.. cos I think he is quite well to do bah... BUT he is always talking about how much money his dad has, what expensive car his mum is driving and once, he even told Ace that he nearly got kidnapped and was chased a long distance because saw that they were in an expensive porshe and knew they were rich!

So this day, this little boy exclaimed that when he grows up, he wants to invent a type of powder that after he applies, will make him smell like a very rich man... hahahahahaha... I asked Ace, "Erm.. what does a rich man smell like?" Ace says he doesnt know... hahahahaha...

Because Ace always tells me that R is popular and well liked because he is rich, I always had to explain that people are usually well liked because they have some positive point. Other than being rich, he must also be kind and friendly. Who likes a rich and snobby kid? And I told Ace that while his friend may say how rich his parents are, it is his parents who are rich.. not him. For them kids to also become rich, they will have to get good at making money when they grow up, then they will be rich too.

It is also fascinating to me because R's parents are some of the nicest and most humble people I know and they will never talk about their money and show off like some of those NEW RICH people I know :) wahahaha... So I wonder where R picked up that it is important to be liked by telling people you are rich if he did not pick that up from his parents. 

Anyway, the other day, little rich boy told another classmate that he predicts that his future will be bleak. He will be poor and that he will end up in jail...

I am quite surprised to hear tat as R is usually a good natured boy and I think he is well liked because he is also friendly and kind... but I think this classmate was following R around and annoying him immensely and maybe that is why he was being mean to "push him away".... I told Ace that that is a very mean thing to say...

"Yes, someone told R that he shouldnt say that because it is mean.."

I told Ace that as both their friends, it is also his duty to inform R that this is mean and ask him to stop, even if he likes R and also does not like the other boy to follow them. It is not nice to tell someone they will end up in jail or that they will end up poor. We always have to choose our words carefully because what we hear is what we see in our minds and what we will become...

Just that like this short movie I watched called Painting The Future... where a little girl teaches a good lesson about how you can paint your future because everything you say, the molecules in your body will move according to it to make it happen....
Anyway, I think children just sometimes say the darnest things :)

Previous Post: Would You Tell Your 8 Year Old You Have Been To A ...

No comments: