Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Years Eve Fireworks In Dubai

Me and my friends sort of decided ad hoc that we will all go and catch this year's fireworks since it is supposed to be the world's biggest... after some discussion, we decided we will have hot pot and then walk to the beach side to watch the fireworks.

Alas, I fell sick two days before and I tried my best to sleep it off but it did not work.. this time my sneezing slowly turned into a sore throat and a bad cough... But since I did not get better, I thought, wat the heck, just yi du gong du and go anyway...

Because everyone is aiming to go for some sort of new year party, everywhere in dubai is jam.. a usually 35 minute journey by car took us almost 2 hours... and when we finally arrived, we were quite lucky that we found a good lot and quickly parked..

Next step was to walk to hotpot restaurant and boy was it cold... i was cold and coughing and the cold wind blowing strongly made my cough worse. I had to cover myself up with my hood and even so, my cheeks were frozen till they were in pain!

Father and son walking in front.. I was barely catching up cos I was coughing and coughing..

That's where we had planned to go and watch the fireworks..

So happy when we finally reached the hotpot restaurant and can feel warmth...

Ace not so happy cos he is sick and not interested in food.. but anyway, i was kiasu and fed him dinner already:) wahahaha. :)



They even had egg tarts! Happiness!

Ace kept talking about this Bugatti car and was so exicted to finally see one in the show room that was next to the restaurant:)

Then we made our way to "picnic" by the beach and wait for the fireworks..


Envy the pple in these buildings.. they have bird's eye view minus the cold we were experiencing:) wahahaha

Ace played with his torchlight while waiting..





That is his new toy.. a torchlight where you can change the disc and make different pictures,..



Finally the fireworks!:)





I look like there is a mushroom coming out of my head!:)


Okie, here are all the fireworks photos...











That is the fireworks at Burj Kahlifa








THen it was Burj Al Arab's turn..















And then we were wondering why Atlantis no sound no colour...

ANd when it happened.. wah.. whole stretch got fireworks lor!










But these photos dun do the event justice..

Check out this video of the event..

It is really much more spectacular on video here...

But of course, if you are interested, you can watch Ace's version that he took using our ipad.. complete with his own ad libbed commentaries :) wahahahaha... (especially the part 3 and 4)

Part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


Part 4:




Pattern more than badminton! Wahahahaha..

PS: I asked Ace who is Jimmy the Pebble he mentioned in the video.. i tot is some cartoon character or wat.. he said "No, it is just the rock that is standing under my feet.." PENGZ! Boh liao to the max!

Previous Post: Yet Another Weekend

No comments: