Friday, January 31, 2014

International Day 2014

It is time for International Day again:) Since we had fun the last year, we decided to go again this year!

This year though, the whole event was organized very differently. Instead of being all over the place, all the stalls were set up in the school field :)

We arrived a little early and go tot walk one round to check out what we might like to eat..

The USA stall... still setting up their flags..

Make a guess... what country! Wahahahaha... CLUE... look at the green clover! :) Sorry hor, no beer allowed;) Just some snacks....

Australia community is big in the school so they had two tents and lots of fun arts and craft activities on top of food...

They even provide picnic mats for you to picnic on :) complete with kangaroo body guard ;)

Indian stall kept asking me to try their foods.. but wat they dunno is that i eat indian food all the time!:) wahahahaha

I dunno why but Germany was focused on selling decorated biscuits.. is Auntie Annie's from Germany huh? But they very sporting and even dress up in traditional costume.. I wonder where and how they get it leh.. I also want to get one set.. i heard if you dress up like tat and go to Oktober Fest, you get free flow beer!:)


UK/England booth has the largest amounts of games.. and I think you can make a good guess where Ace frequently goes to spend his money ;) His dad gave him 50 dirhams to spend. Last year he saved up part of it. This year he just goes and spend it all!

Majority on the lucky draw type of games in the England booth!

The pakistani table were selling clothes.. they had a little boy who can talk very well helping to sell and he kept asking me to buy an outfit even though I already told him I have no little girls at home:) wahahaha  ;) If he try to sell me adult outfit my size, I might buy lor:) hahahahah

The arabic table also selling some arabic lamps and stuff..

I think saddest though is the Filipino table.. they just selling woven baskets... i think handmade in philippines but they got no flag and not dressed up in their national costume in spirit of the international fair and so they barely had business!

Check out these scottish men in their kilts!:)

South Africa looked promising as well.. seems like lots of nice food. I wish someone put up an explaination about the foods they are selling cos I see and look also dunno wat to buy leh...


Brazil even got nice poster lor ;) wahahahah

Was so disappointed when I walked to Italy booth and CANNOT FIND my tiramisu!


Japanese one was very interesting also :)


French one was even selling SNAILS!

While i was taking photos.. Ace was bz helping out at the water booth to sell water..




Jap booth even sell home made toys:)

My class mum... also one of the main organizers of the event:)

There is a dare to eat a snail challenge in the France Booth.. hahah :) (PS: I din try it that day but i did try when I was back in sgp and my sis gave me a treat.. tasted like.. erm... lala...)





Then the event started proper when someone blow bagpipes and had children from all over the world carry flags and walking round the field ;) very nice!



Every year, I wish I could gather my Singapore friends and take part.. but it is always so close to CNY and most pple are not here or preparing to go home.. so is very tough...

Ace spent some of his money on a ice lolly ;) He doesnt know how to chew off the end to eat it! hahahahaha...

Saw kids in this sort of costume.. I asked Max.. he said probably Russian...  I feel very hot to see them covered in so many layers.. and I wonder why they had to wear the wig with the curly hair thing.. ok, maybe is a hat...

Max spotted this and got very excited! But but but... they cannot be selling beer here right???:P

Indian mum giving the children from South Africa some henna :)

There were even stage performances... Bollywood dancing by some teens.. Wish they were dressed up nicely though...


The representative of all bollywood moves.. hahaha.. if you have been dancing with indians, you will know this is a MUST HAVE move in their dance routine!:)

Spotted... the "Beer" came from Germany booth... apparently, they call it HORIZON BEER... and it is just apple juice with soda water!

The kids from New Zealand did the hakka ;) so cute!

Some girls learning spanish dance also performed for us :) They were beginner learners I think but very cute lah :)

FINALLY!

Found the tiramisu and managed to get the LAST TWO PIECES LEFT!!!!!!!! Mental note to self: must make again at home... I made it once.. when I first got to know Max for his birthday.. wahahaha


The french kids are offering to help these two girls take a photo of them doing the snail challenge...

Okie.. ready... we are putting the snails on a bread now.. and you have to eat it...

Walked around to look for Ace and found him painting a lizard..


Saw some fantastic irsh dancing by this teacher.. her legs kick so high and she looks like she is bouncing!


Then two of her students also performed:) Not bad also...

Today is so foggy tat Burj Khalifa seemed to be hidden in the clouds:)

Then it is drum time wiht Mr M :)


Ace showing off the toy he won from the lucky draw.. he was quite taken with this spiderman because all the joints an be bent.. so we can make the spiderman do really silly positions! wahahaha

We decided to be adventurous and just order something we have never tried. This is a cake cut into half with cheese and strawberry jam inside... erm.. too sweet for my liking...

Ace won some My Little Pet Shop figures and said eh wants to give them to Tashi and Oracle cos he remembers that Tashi said she liked them when they went to toys r us together :)

Ace also won a sweet watch..


Cute little girl with a cute little shirt..

Even pose nice nice for me leh!:) wahahaha

Ace used the remains of his money to share and buy some sweets with his friends.. and then they went around selling the sweets... cos it is a business :)


Sales was not very good initially...

Then Ace came up with  the idea to make an announcement at the DJ table and soon.. children flocked there to buy their sweets:)

But we had to leave liao.. so Ace grabbed a bunch of sweets and left.. he said he wants to give these sweets to his friends when he meets them tomorrow at the JPD party..

Max acting boh liao on the way home.. hahah :)

Ace's spoils for the day....

I am glad he had fun and had the good sense to share away the sweets! hahahahahaaha.....

Previous Post: Smelling Like A 'Rich Person'

No comments: