Sunday, November 24, 2013

Worst Blood Test Ever!

Time to renew my residency visa... and so, that means I have another chance to come into contact with the healthcare industry here in Dubai.

This time, since it was just a renewal.. only needed a blood test. (Thank god no more Xray for the chest. I dun want to die more cells leh!) I asked Max why they needed to do a blood test... I just found out that Singapore has a policy and does not allow people with AIDS to come in and stay within the country.

I wonder if this could be the case for Dubai too.

Anyway, this time round,I just needed to go to this new govt clinic near my place to do the blood test.

And boy was it a crowded clinic! Sooooooo many people. And you wouldnt believe it... just to do the blood test, I needed to queue so many times.. first time.. upon entering, have to queue at the payment counter to pay first.. after you pay, you pay at the queue number counter to take a queue number.. after tat, proceed to the area outside the room where the blood test is being done to hand in your papers.

STood there like a moron because the staff there informed us that there is  break down in their system and they just continue to talk on the phone and chat with each other and eat snacks like nothing happen....

Best part, finally handed in the paper and go in liao... waited another 30 min because the system down and they cannot start drawing samples of blood...

Finally time to do the blood test... to be fair, it was not very pain.. BUT i think not very professional because:
  • strangely she did it on my right arm instead of left
  • instead of doing on the big vein I have. they did it on the upper part of my arm
  • also, after the procedure, I found lots of blood on the cotton bud they stuck on my wound when i got home
  • And MOST IMPORTANTLY world's worst orh chey ever after two days!
I was told that I am lucky that the nurse din like pump the needle in and out... ewww...

Anyway, I think I should be healthy lah..  Heng Ace dun neeed to draw blood.. if he need.. dunno how loud he will cry.. hahahha :)

Previous Post:  Ngeh Ngeh Want To Cook

No comments: