Friday, November 29, 2013

Out Of "Civilization" For A Day

The other day, there was some building maintenance thingy being done to our electrical source or something.. so leh, the Building Management informed us that we will not be having electricity from 9am to 5pm in the evening.

That means a whole day or not having TV, cannot cook, no internet to check emails or facebook...

I thought it is not too bad lah.. till 5pm only mah... but i was worried for my food in the fridge cos it means the food might go bad. I went to google and discovered that if i dun open the fridge door, likely the food can still stay fresh as long as it is not longer than 24 hours.

And then I thought I will just sleep through most of it and read a book I have been wanting to read lah. Just charge my iphone and ipad fully and still can play candy crush offline mah...  

I enjoyed the aircon and somewhere around 9 plus.. when they off the aircon, I was already back in bed, getting ready to zzz again (since i woke at 6.30am to help prepare Ace and send him off to school...)

ZZz till 11 plus and Max called.. he offered to pick me up for lunch and so I went out for lunch and also dabaoed Ace's lunch... so far so good.

Ace came home.. ate his lunch and started to do his homework.

Unfortunately, winter is approaching so by 4 plus, already the outside is getting darker.. so had to seat Ace right beside the window to do homework.

Was  a little worried cos when we went out for lunch, saw the men really working at a relaxed phase and wondered if they will finish on time..

TRUE ENOUGH, they did NOT finish on time lor... come 5pm... there was still no electricity. It was almost impossible for Ace to do work due to the dim light and I couldnt start cooking.

Watchman came and told us tat they will be done in another half an hour... we waited and waited and waited...



THe longer I waited, the hungrier I got and the angrier I got becos now it is no longer possible to even read my story book... cos this is how it looked like..



Max was going for his soccer game.. in the end, we hitched a ride from him to go eat dinner outside lor... when we went downstairs, I realized I was not the only one who couldnt stand the dark.. many of my neighbours were milling around at the car park.. waiting for the guys to finish their work..

Heng ah, when we finished our dinner and came home.. we were BACK IN CIVILIZATION:)

Ace says he doesnt ever want to experience that again... Me too! I think this is why I am doomed to live in a city and can never live in the countryside...


Previous Post: Picnic With The Girls From Singapore Women's Group...

No comments: