Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sending Ace To School

Max received last minute notice that he has to travel to singapore for work.. so leh, I had to wake earlier to bring Ace and our car pool kid to school in the morning...

On our way to get a cab early in the morning.. heng the cabs near my place are easy to find :)

Walking to metro station from the school to take the metro home...


Noticed something on my way home.. finally after 2 years of wondering what these letters mean.. the METRO station decided to label the button letters properly:)


Actually sending Ace to school everyday was interesting.. I got to observe his behaviour in school.

While most parents will send their kids all the way to the classrooms, we usually drop Ace off at the gate. But instead of going straight to his classroom, he will drop his bag somewhere and play with his friends first till the whistle goes off.. which means everyone has to go to their classrooms...

Also saw alot of interesting things on the way to school... Like this really pretty flower...


Then hor.. guess what I saw.. I was walking past a date tree that grow over the wall and it was dropping dates on the floor... so sayang...

The tree the dates drop from...

One of the days, I sent Ace there and waited around in the compound for another mum to pick me up to go for the Coffee Morning organized by the Class Mum. (Here in Dubai.. every class has a Class Mum and usually start of the term they will do a COFFEE MORNING to get to know each other better.)

I realized that instead of bells hor, the school security will use whistle and once the whistle is blown, no matter what you are doing, you are to go into your classroom to prepare for the start of your lessons...

I also found out that Ace behaves very ang moh in school.. when he sees his friends.. he goes, "Hey, M!" And he walks over with open arms and hugs the person...  like how you will greet someone ang moh here in Dubai....

I asked him about it and he says that he only does that for his closer friends... I was quite amused to see it:) hahaha...

Anyway, the coffee morning was good.. got to know a few other mothers and I talked to pple here and there and realize.. no matter what part of the world they are from, mothers all over the world are the same.. we have the same desires, same dreams...

Most mothers here have many children and give up their career to be with their children.. but still desire to do something and "have our own life"...

Was good to link up with them also lah.. purely because someone always has tips for where to buy what.. and how to resolve this problem or tat issue.. fascinating.. and many of them have very interesting careers too.. one is an artists.. one is a pediatric nurse... there one who owns retail shops selling tea.. one mom i dunno wat she does but she is always dressed so immaculately like a model! So interesting!

And despite being soooooooo bz hor.. they STILL find time to volunteer in school lor.. I salute these wonderful mothers!

PS: My constant presence in school finally made Ms Roberts REMEMBER my face! Now she will say hi and smile to me when she sees me!!!

Previous Post: No Extra Swimming This Term


No comments: