Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Popo's 60th Birthday

17th April is the day where my mum will turn 60. 60 years old is like a big deal right? Some people will hold a banquet to celebrate it... it is that big a deal. But I am not going to be beside my mum and will not be able to celebrate with her...

A few weeks before that, my sis and I were discussing what to get our mum for her birthday and it suddenly occurred to me that that my mum is turning 60 this year. I felt so sad that I couldnt be there to celebrate with her that I almost cried.

Then I went about my daily life and something happened at work and it made me really depressed. I was really sad and depressed for a long while and was feeling emo and on the verge of crying all the time. One day, while yakking with my sis.. I started to cry.. and it was when the emotions flowed out that I realize.. what bugged me was not really work (who cares anyway since I dun really NEED this job... hahahaa) but the fact that I missed home very much and that I really wished I could be there at my mum's birthday..

Ace though, had a different reaction to my mum's birthday. When I told him that it is going to be Popo's birthday soon, he immediately replied, "Can you ask Ah Yee not to do that cruel thing to me?!"

Hahaha.. my sister has always liked to take pictures of the birthday cakes they bought and she will whatsapp me to show Ace and Ace will get so upset that he will throw a tantrum after seeing the photos.

"Ok, then I ask her to whatsapp me but I dun show you.." I told him.. "BUT CANNOT! I want to see!"

Wah lau...like that how???

Hahaha.. in the end, Popo never buy cake lor.. they just had dinner at a jap restaurant...

BUT LEH, while skyping with Ah Yee and Popo, Ah Yee was talking about the food they ate in teh restaurant and she said, "Aiyah, dun say already lah, wait someone cannot eat and get upset..." And then that someone really got upset and went into the bedroom TO CRY! Hai.. why I got hum bao son.....

Anyway, 天下的婆婆都是一样的... the other day, my sis told me one of her colleagues is coming to Dubai for a meeting and so she can ask him to bring something to Dubai for us...  Me and Max opted for some chilli tapioca chips...

Ace leh said he wanted the round biscuit with colourful flowers on top and that yellow oval biscuit that gong gong and popo always buy for him...

I asked him to describe in more detail because I cannot figure out WHAT sort of biscuit he is talking about...

And then he kept repeating.. "It is yellow one and oval... " I tried to google for YELLOW and OVAL biscuits but to no avail... So I asked him to draw it out so that I can whatsapp Ah yee.. maybe my mum and dad will know what Ace is talking about....

Ace even added more description beside his picture.. so apparently this biscuit he is talking about is bumpy (as in rough surface), oval, yellow and a little salty...

I really cannot tell what biscuit it is but POPO hor at one glance says it is WANG WANG biscuit.. so before I can say dun buy cos Dubai also have.. she bought two big packets:) hahahahahaaha

Gong gong on the otherhand contributed the flower biscuit...

So eat in the mouth and sweet in the heart lor:)

Eating these biscuits though, Ace says, makes him miss Singapore even more.. we are counting down to our next holiday home.....

Previous Post: Earthquake!


No comments: