Sunday, April 21, 2013

Baby F


Anyone who knows my father in law will know that he has been dying for a daughter all his life... and he got two sons :) So as a result, Max says that he will love me more than him after we get married.. hahahaha...

This also means my FIL passes the HOPE and DESIRE down to me.. that I will give birth to a daughter. Alas, I gave birth to a son.. whom he of course loved to bits anyway. But he will be so fascinated with little girls and will keep saying they are very cute lah.. sometimes he see a little girl, he will keep following behind to wave to her...

Perhaps hor, this is hereditary as well.. hahahaa:)

We first met Baby F at a charity party in the Singapore Consulate. She was the daughter of one of our friends and had been in Dubai for a visit. Somehow when Max saw her, his face morphed into that of my FIL when he sees cute little girls and he tried to play with her.

Though Baby F was a little slow to warm up, she did eventually warm up and because once she is warmed up, she is very friendly and smiley, Max adored her even more!

His theory is that children who are between 2-3 are the most fun and he especially likes it if the toddler is friendly :) He hasnt had much success with our god daughter who sees us twice a year and has a stronger personality and a much longer time to warm up to people (even though she see botak  she will point and tell her dad that is GANDIE.. and she sees Angel fish, she will say tat is ganma fish.. cos she knows Ganma's name is Angel...

Anyway, there was a baby shower for one of our friends and Max found out that Baby F is going...

Wah.. excited liao lor..  the baby shower was on a friday.. so thursday night, right after dinner, he announced that "WE ARE GOING TO DAISO!" Because he wanted to buy something for Baby F! In my so many years together with Max, I have never ever seen him EXCITED about DAISO lor!:) wahahahaha...

He searched around a bit and decided he wanted to buy a sticker set for her... While me and Ace walked around and look at other things, this old uncle hor, took his own sweet time to pick and choose lor.. he even took out the WHOLE STACK of stickers from the hook (At least 50 pieces) to search through and get the design that he wants (cos he say that design is the cutest!)

Then come Friday when we were going out, he kept asking me if I remembered to bring the sticker along.. I say I am going to tell F's parents and he tsk me and said, "Don't make me out to be like some psycho lah..."

Wahahaha.. BUT I JUST TELLING THE TRUTH MAH:)


Anyway, the GIVE A STICKER SET strategy worked lor:) F eventually allowed Max to carry her around and walk around the whole house with her..





F, Max and the CAREFULLY CHOSEN STICKER SET:)

Ace was not doing too badly as a GOR GOR as well. He showed exemplary behavior as big brother and I was sort of surprised that he actually knew how to play with a much younger kid. I must say indeed he will make a very good elder brother:)

 At the end of the day, F already liked and trusted Max enough to hold his hand and walk down to the lobby even though her parents were still chatting away at the door of the host!:)

Hahahaha.. looks like if I do get preggy again, there will be two votes for girls and only one for a boy (Ace.. cos he says he wants didi to play boy games)...

Previous Post: Jumeriah Beach Again

No comments: